Harrison, Skupski win men’s doubles title


Australian Open 2026: Harrison and Skupski win the men’s doubles title

Christian Harrison of the United States and Britain’s Neal Skupski won the Australian Open men’s doubles title on Saturday in their first-ever Grand Slam tournament as a team.

Both players defeated the Australian duo Jason Kubler and Marc Polmans with a score of 7-6 and 6-4.

The victory marks Christian Harrison’s first Grand Slam title. Neal Skupski has previously won four major titles in doubles and mixed doubles. This was his first victory away from the Wimbledon courts.

Despite the Rod Laver Arena roof being closed due to rain, the match started at a fast pace and the Skupski-Harrison duo managed to take the win in straight sets.

In a post-match interview, the 31-year-old Harrison said: “It wasn’t easy today.”

Harrison’s older brother also won the men’s doubles at the French Open in 2017.

Skupski, 36, a 2023 Wimbledon doubles winner, said: “A few tough moments, but I knew your experience would pay off. It was fun to compete in this match together.”

Harrison and Skupski linked up as a team for the first time in Adelaide, where both players reached the semi-finals.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *