Dolly Parton offers a glimpse into her health struggles as she misses another major milestone this week.
According to the original source, the Queen of Country was inducted into the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions Hall of Fame on November 17, but was unable to attend in person due to ongoing health issues.
Instead, the 79-year-old accepted the honor via a pre-recorded Instagram video, in which she explained why she’s been keeping a low profile this fall.
“Well, hello, it’s Dolly,” she said, wearing a sparkling sky blue outfit. “And I would love to be with you today, but you’ve probably heard that I’ve been dealing with some health issues this fall, and my doctors told me to take it easy for a while.”
Parton apologized for not being able to be there in person and used the moment to thank her longtime Dollywood partners, Jack and Peter, saying, “You have been a blessing to me, and I love you dearly.” She also reflected on the original dream behind the park, recalling how she once “peeked out the window of my bus and saw all those cars lined up,” amazed that they were still coming 40 years later.
She added that it was a “big, incredible way” to celebrate Dollywood’s anniversary as the second female solo inductee into the group’s Hall of Fame. “Remember that I will always love you and thank you again,” she told fans and fellow park operators.
Earlier this week, the Jolene hitmaker also received her first honorary Oscars at the 16th Governors Awards
Her absence follows another appearance when she accepted an honorary Oscar from her home in Nashville while continuing to prioritize her health.
Parton sparked health concerns earlier this year after quitting her Las Vegas residency. To reassure her fans, she shared a detailed health update on Instagram on October 8, in which she talked about neglecting her health after the death of her husband Carl Dean over the summer.

