Jon Favreau has a “healthy concern” about the rise and use of artificial intelligence (AI) in Hollywood.
During an interview for CBS News Sunday morningthe actor-filmmaker explained that he tries to “stay up to date with (the AI news) as much as possible.”
“I have healthy concerns about what might happen. I think every generation faces different challenges in technology; even positive technologies are disruptive,” he said.
Favreau continued: “Trying to avoid innovation doesn’t seem like a winning strategy, but helping to have transparency in using new technologies, understanding their consequences as best as possible, really thinking about things and trying to be responsible – I think that’s important.”
The actor, who has appeared in and directed a number of Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) films, further emphasized that the development of AI technology will impact all industries.
“Life has improved, but there are always unintended consequences when something new is embraced without thinking about it and measuring it,” the 59-year-old explains.
“And fortunately there are all different types of people, and we’re going to have an ongoing conversation about how these things work their way through, so I think I share most people’s sentiment that we have some responsibility as we move into the next phase, whatever area we’re in,” the spokesperson said. Iron man star added.
Currently Jon Favreau is promoting the film, The Mandalorian and Groguwhich he co-wrote and directed, will be released Friday.
Meanwhile, AI remains a hot topic in Hollywood, with actresses like Demi Moore and Reese Witherspoon urging people to understand the technology, while Cate Blanchett last week announced the creation of a non-profit organization designed to provide a human consent framework for AI systems.

