Bob Odenkirk recalls surviving heart attack on ‘Better Call Saul’ set


Bob Odenkirk Remembers Surviving Heart Attack on ‘Better Call Saul’ Set

Bob Odenkirk recently reflected on how he defeated death after suffering a near-fatal heart attack on set You better call Saul.

In his recent interview with The Times Great Britain, the 63 year old american actor and screenwriter revealed that he collapsed during the filming of the sixth and final season of It’s better to call Saul, a precursor of Bad breaking, in 2021.

His co-stars Patrick Fabian and Rhea Seehorn ran to grab him and “screamed,” but due to social distancing, as it was the period of the COVID-19 pandemic, “there were delays in the response because we were all so far away from each other,” Odenkirk shares.

“I was gone. I turned gray. Finally the doctor on duty showed up and he didn’t know what to do. He had never done CPR before,” said the Seinfeld actor recalled.

He went into a medically induced coma when he reached the hospital and regained consciousness after seven days, as he explained: “The first memory I have is leaving the hospital a week after I got there.”

It was the moment Odenkirk became aware that he had suffered a heart attack that was “100 percent associated with a blockage of the left anterior descending (LAD) artery.”

Even though it was the worst time of the Saturday evening live alum’s life, he now calls it a blessing in disguise.

“That was such a gift to have a few weeks where I felt that way about my presence in the world. I felt very uplifted and engaged,” said Bob Odenkirk.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *